Something I should’ve learned about when I started my fitness pursuit in the world of fitness and health was the mineral zinc.
I always saw it on the cereal boxes when eating and reading the stuff on the box and nutrient content.I didn’t know much about it. I presumed it was good for bone health and I knew it was good for one’s immune system.
Other than that, I didn’t care to learn more about it. Until I read about it on one of favorite personal development website for men about the importance of it for increasing one’s testosterone.
That post changed my whole perspective about this mineral to where I went and did my own learning to understand the importance not only for men but for women too(I will be doing one specifically for women).
I even shot 3 separate videos over the benefits of zinc for men several months ago.
So without further ado, I’m going to dive into benefits zinc for men and women.
The Master Mind Mineral Of The Endocrine System
Zinc is a the master mind mineral that’s one of the 24th essential minerals needed for human survival.
Most people have no idea what zinc does for the body or what it is. However, the people that do know of it just know it for it’s surface benefits in keeping one’s immune system and bones strong.
But zinc does more than that for our bodies, it does a plethora of things you don’t realize unless you have really looked into the depths of this mineral.
If your body is lacking a sufficient amount of it will impact your health and endocrine system which is the last thing you want to happen.
So that’s how important this mineral is for the human body.
So what is zinc so vital for our health. The mineral is involved in numerous actions of cellular metabolism.
It regulates more than 100 enzymes in the body, supports healthy growth, helps with DNA synthesis and is deeply tied to reproductive health
Zinc is so important that it’s found in every tissue of the human…so this stuff is a big deal. So let me tell you about this bad boy of why it’s good for men(women too).
Benefits of Zinc
So what are the benefits of having adequate amounts of Zinc in your body? Good question, let me tell you.
1.It plays a primary role in your athletic performance and strength because it plays a primary role in hormone production.It helps our bodies release ample amounts of testosterone, growth hormones, and other growth like factors.
Without zinc, our bodies wouldn’t be able to release the necessary ingredients that are important for muscle strength, and a healthy libido.
Zinc is great for stopping the conversion of testosterone to estrogen, so it counter blocks your hard earned testosterone from becoming estrogen. Zinc is a natural potent testosterone booster
2. If you have low zinc, it can stifle your testosterone production, which that is the last thing you want. The thing is when you have low t levels. Not only low zinc levels, you’re more at risk of developing prostate cancer.
Zinc is important for cellular division, the male prostate requires as much zinc than any other part of the body . It’s something most people don’t realize or think about. But it requires that much Zinc to function at optimal peak.
When your zinc levels are low it impairs your body ability to produce testosterone, which can put you at great risk of developing prostate cancer and increases your chances of infertility.
3. It is pivotal in maintaining the health of your cardiovascular and endothelium cells. Your endothelium is a thin layer of cells that lines the blood vessels and plays a critical role in blood circulation health.
However, if your zinc levels are low it can weaken the endothelium barrier that can lead to high cholesterol levels and inflammation which puts you at risks for heart disease the last thing you want to develop.
4. It plays a key role in neurotransmitter in the production of dopamine. A super important chemical that’s responsible for boosting energy, improving your mood, and reward-driven learning. If you lack zinc in your body , you lose these 3 important things that are important for wanting to win in life, to achieve, to be your best etc.
You can possibly become depressed since the production of dopamine is low. In a nutshell, dopamine is your bodies homemade feel good “:drug”. Without this, you lose your luster for life and having an achievement mentality.
5. Zinc is literally a super antioxidant. It detoxifies the body of heavy metals, especially in the brain. The last thing you want is for it to build and damage the delicate tissue of the brain. It prevents neurodegeneration of the brain and Alzheimer’s, it eliminates the damaging effects of iron, and the inflammation caused by free radicals.
6. Since you like to exercise fanatic like me and like to do intense workouts or not. Regardless of your intensity and fanaticism of physical exercise. Every time you workout, train etc you are literally breaking your body down(muscles)on a cellular level.
When we go to sleep, that’s when your body uses everything that you’ve ingested to yesterday and today to repair the damage done on your body, especially muscles so they can grow bigger, stronger or both. Or be able to handle longer bouts of cardio.
That’s why sleeping is super important and why you shouldn’t be a habitual night owl. Because it provides the building blocks for cellular growth and repair.
7. Your immune system is your last line of defense when foreigns body enter your bloodstream and body tissue etc. When your body is under attack, it calls upon the warriors of the body…called T-Cells. Your T-Cells need adequate amounts of zinc to be at their optimal peak to fight off bacteria, viruses, and other foreign bodies.
When zinc becomes depleted and it’s not being adequately replaced, it compromises, your immune system ability to fight off infections. So the point being is keep zinc uptake moderate to high depending on your level of activity so you rarely get sick, or never get sick again.
8. If you ever want to have kids and a good sex drive. Then you need to make sure you’re taking in adequate amounts of zinc for your reproductive health and libido to keep it at optimum peak. Without a sufficient amount zinc in your body, it weakens the strength and endurance of sperm cells swimming to fertilize an egg. It’s also a major factor for infertility in men.
So if you want to have kids one day a decent sex drive, eat zinc rich foods so your testicles are at their maximum capacity and optimal peak.
9. Adequate amounts of zinc facilitates the conversion of energy in food into energy for physical functions and activities. However, if you’re not getting enough zinc it will negatively impact your endurance, muscle strength, and cardio health.
10. The last important thing you need to know about zinc is that it plays a super role in your fertility, potency, sex drive and overall sexual health and body.
However, this one will catch your eye, one major thing that plays a role in a lot of male population today for possible having low zinc levels is too much ejaculation to pornography or too much sex. Depletes zinc reservoirs, which can make you feel less of a man, lethargic, nonmotivated to accomplish goals and to take care of business etc.
So next time you want to blow your seed carelessly on some nude pixels ,or in a kleenex multiple times a day. Think of what I said.
Some clinical research to back up benefits of zinc for athletic performance did on some wrestlers and some rats.
(10 male wrestlers in an controlled study were supplemented 3mg/kg/day of zinc sulfate in 4 weeks with their normal diet. The test was to see if there was an increase in thyroid production of hormones and to see if there was an increase resting testosterone and free testosterone. After 4 weeks of zinc supplementation, there was an increase in resting total, exhaustion total, and free testosterone levels. In the conclusion of the study it improves their performance.)
(A group of 8 rats, were put on a zinc diet deficiency and the other 4 were put on a diet deficiency with zinc supplementation of 28mg/kg per body weight.
The group with deficiency zinc diet had a decrease in testicle size compared to the group that had deficiency diet supplemented with zinc. )
Recap over of the essential mineral needed for life and benefits of it
- Increased athletic performance and strength
- Helps release testosterone, dihydrotestosterone, growth hormones and other growth like factors
- Lowers the risk of prostate cancer
- Maintains of health of endothelium and cardiovascular system
- Increases fertility health and libido
- A super antioxidant that detoxifies our bodies
- Improves your immune systems strength to fight off infections
- Rebuilds your body at a cellular level to come back stronger
- Improves the production of dopamine
- Gives you more energy
239 total views, 2 views today